Emptying the dust cup
1. Press the Wand Release button on the top of the wand to disconnect the handheld vacuum from the wand. OR To remove the dust cup from the handheld vacuum, squeeze the two Dust Cup Release buttons on both sides of the base at the same time, then pull out the dust cup.
2. Hold dust cup over a trash bin and press the Empty button on the front of the dust cup. The bottom lid will open, allowing the debris to fall out.
3. Once dust cup is empty, close the bottom lid and insert dust cup back into handheld vacuum until you hear it click into place.
How to clean the filters
1. Pre-Motor (foam and felt): Lift the latch on the top of the handheld vacuum to open the filter cover. Take out filters and tap loose dirt off them. If more cleaning is needed, rinse filters with water only and let them air-dry completely. To reinstall them, insert the felt filter first, place the foam filter on top of it, and close the filter cover.
2. Post-Motor: Access the Post-Motor filter under the handle. Remove and rinse the filter with water.
How often do you replace your filters:
Pre-Motor Filter Kit (Foam & Felt) XPMFK320 Clean once a month. Post-Motor Filter XPSTFH380 Clean once a year.
How to check for blockage
1. Remove the wand from the handheld portion and check all dust cup intake openings.
2. Remove the floor nozzle from the wand and check the wand for blockages.
3. Tilt neck of floor nozzle back to straighten the airway. Remove blockages.
Maintaining the brushroll
1.Press down on the two buttons on the floor nozzle to pop up the brushroll garage lid.
2. Lift the brushroll out by the tab on the left side. To remove any string, hair or debris that may be wrapped around the brushroll, use the onboard hair removal tool. The tool is located in a compartment on the nozzle, above the brushroll.
3. To reinstall the brushroll, return it to the brushroll garage. Press down on the brushroll garage lid until you hear it click into place.
Maintaining the softroll
1. Slide the Soft Roller access button up to remove the Soft Roller.
2. Use the onboard hair removal tool to remove any string, carpet fibers or hair that may be wrapped around the Soft Roller. The tool is located in a compartment on the nozzle, above the brushroll. You can also tap loose debris off the Soft Roller, or wipe it clean with a dry towel. If you see any fibers or hair buildup in the teeth behind the Soft Roller, take a dry towel and wipe it away. Wash the Soft Roller as needed. Use only water, and let air-dry completely for at least 24 hours.
3. To reinstall the Soft Roller, press until you hear it click into place.