Vacuum is not picking up debris. No suction or light suction.
• Check filters to see if they need cleaning. Follow instructions for rinsing and drying the filters before re-inserting in the vacuum.
• Dust cup may be full; empty dust cup.
• Check hose, hose connections, nozzle, and accessories for blockages; clear blockages if required.
• Remove any string, carpet fibers, or hair that may be wrapped around the brushroll.
Vacuum lifts area rugs.
• Turn off unit to disengage the brushroll. Slide the Power/Surface Selector to the Hard Floor setting to clean with the brushroll off.
• Suction is powerful. Take care when vacuuming area rugs or rugs with delicately sewn edges.
• To minimize suction, refer to Suction Control section for more information.
Brushroll does not spin.
If Brushroll Indicator Light on the floor nozzle turns red, the brushroll has stopped spinning. Immediately turn off and unplug vacuum and remove blockage before reconnecting and turning vacuum back on.
• With the power on, recline the handle, which will automatically turn on the brushroll.
Brushroll Garage will not close.
Make sure the brushroll was reinserted correctly with the word “PULL” on the endcap facing up.
Vacuum turns off on its own or Brushroll Indicator Light flashes red.
This vacuum is equipped with a motor-protective thermostat. If your vacuum overheats, the thermostat will automatically turn the suction motor off. Perform the following steps to restart the thermostat:
1. Turn vacuum off and unplug it.
2. Empty dust cup and clean filters (see Maintenance section).
3. Check for blockages in hose, accessories, and inlet openings.
4. Allow unit to cool for a minimum of 45 minutes.
5. Plug in vacuum and turn it on. 6. Restart the unit in either the Hard Floor or Carpet setting.