Vacuum is not picking up debris. No suction or light suction.
- Check filters to see if they need cleaning. Follow instructions for rinsing and drying the filters before re-inserting back into the vacuum.
- Dust cup may be full; empty dust cup.
- Check hose, hose connections, nozzles, and accessories for blockages; clear blockages if required.
- Remove any string, carpet fibres or hair that may be wrapped around the brushroll.
Vacuum lifts area rugs.
- Turn off unit to disengage the brushrolls. Move switch to Hard Floor setting to turn on the slower brushroll speed, which is optimal for bare floors and area rugs.
- Suction is powerful. Take care when vacuuming area rugs or rugs with delicately sewn edges.
Brushroll/soft roller does not spin.
- If brushroll Indicator light on the floor nozzle turns red, the brushroll and/or soft roller have stopped spinning. Immediately turn off and unplug vacuum. Disconnect the nozzle and remove blockage, then reconnect and turn vacuum back on.
- Once the blockage is removed, with the power on, step on the floor nozzle and tilt the handle back. The brushrolls should then spin and cleaning can resume.
Vacuum turns off on its own or Brushroll Indicator Light flashes red.
This vacuum cleaner is equipped with a motor protective thermostat. If for some reason your vacuum overheats, the thermostat will automatically turn the suction motor off.
Should this occur, perform the following steps to restart the thermostat:
1. Turn the unit off.
2. Unplug the vacuum.
3. Empty the dust cup and clean filters.
4. Check for blockages in hose, accessories, and inlet openings.
5. Allow the unit to cool for a minimum of 60 minutes.
6. Plug in the vacuum.
7. Restart the unit by turning the power on.