The steam mop isn’t producing any steam.
- The steam mop should be securely plugged into an electrical socket. Check your fuse or circuit breaker or try a different socket.
- Make sure the water tank is full, the unit is plugged in, and the mode button is illuminated.
- If the indicator lights are off, try a different electrical socket.
- If the indicator lights are blinking, press the mode button to select a steam setting.
- If the indicator lights are solid, wait 30 seconds for the unit to warm up.
- If after following the above steps the steam mop still does not produce any steam, contact Customer Service.
The steam mop is producing intermittent steam.
This is normal. For more consistent steam, select the DEEP setting.
Also make sure the water tank is full.
I can’t select a steam setting.
Make sure the steam mop is plugged in and the indicator lights are flashing.
If your steam mop is producing steam but the indicator lights are off, call customer service.
Floors are cloudy, streaky, or spotty after steaming.
The Dirt Grip™ or Dusting pads might be dirty. Install a clean set of pads. If you washed the Dirt Grip™ or Dusting pads with powdered detergent, then they could be damaged and require replacement.
Due to accumulated soap or grease residue, the floor may require several cleanings with the Steam Mop.
A more stubborn case may require you to rinse the floor with a mix of one part vinegar and two parts water* (but DO NOT put any cleaning solution into the steam mop's water tank).
*Please consult your flooring manufacturer’s care and maintenance instructions before applying any cleaning products or solutions.
It’s hard to push or pull the mop.
The mop might be hard to push or pull if the Dirt Grip™ or Dusting pads aren’t wet enough. It should get easier to move the mop across the floor after it’s been running for a few minutes.
Overly dirty pads could also make it harder to push or pull the mop. We recommend using clean pads.
Rotating discs are not turning or are wobbling.
The steam mop may be in the upright position. Tilt the handle down to use the mop.
The Dirt Grip™ or Dusting pads may not be centred. Turn the power OFF, unplug the steam mop, wait for a few moments to allow the pads to cool, then reinstall the Dirt Grip™ or Dusting pads.
The steam mop is vibrating or wobbling.
The Dirt Grip™ or Dusting pads are not centred on the rotating discs. Turn the power OFF and unplug the unit, and wait for the pads to cool. Follow the instructions in the Assembling Your Steam and Scrub Mop section to reinstall the pads.
The Steam and Scrub Mop turns off on its own.
If your Steam and Scrub mops shuts off in use, it likely needs to cool down.
Perform the following steps before you restart cleaning.
- Unplug it and remove the pads.
- Allow the unit to cool for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Reinstall the pads. Plug in the Steam and Scrub mop, select your steam mode and begin cleaning.